CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Last Week

Well, here we are. This is my last week before I'm off to become a world citizen. I'm excited and a little nervous. Will I like the food? Will I get sick? Will I get robbed? Will the world implode back in Alabama? I'm worried about my family; what if something happens while I'm gone? Well, there's nothing I could do here that would make any difference if anything DID happen, so being away doesnt matter in that equation. I guess what it boils down to is that I've never been away from my family like this. I've never gone to summer camp or been on a trip with friends where we couldn't drive home at any given moment. I've been to Las Vegas and Alaska, but that was with my family. So, those don't count in culture-shock-age value. I'm worried that I'm not cut out for this whole 'world citizen' thing, but there's not going back now. It's here. I'm going. Period. I'm scared shitless, but I'm going and I'm gonna have a good time even if it kills me. ...well, you know what I mean.

0 comments: